Thursday 1 October 2015

Cash Diet Challenge


I'm a huge fan of personal finance and I believe it relates very much to consumer behaviour. I watch Suze Orman, and Gale Vaz-Oxlade's Till Debt do us Part and Princess. I was browsing online and found lots of articles regarding cash-only-diets including the article I posted below. In a world of credit cards, debit and plastic payments it seems that cash has become a rare tool in consumer transactions today. After reading some information, I decided to try it for myself. Starting today, I will pay for all my expenses only in the form of cash (except rent, cell phone and some other transactions). At the beginning of December, I will see how much money I save as compared to using plastic to cover purchases. Research suggest that cash is a tangible tool and when you see it go, you are more likely to change your spending habits without even knowing. Credit cards and debit cards have a set amount but consumers are less likely to notice and may subliminally spend more than usual without noticing.

Sources:

http://gailvazoxlade.com/othervoices/show-me-the-money/

No comments:

Post a Comment